A free counter for your web site.
is a free counter for your web site which requires Php and MySQL.
Don't let the name or distribution method fool you. This is a
feature rich and powerfull script which is much more valuable
than most free counter services and many pay services.
you are serious about your site you need to know exactly what
terms in a given Search Engine a visitor used to reach your site.
It's never enough to know the term, you need to see which engine
produced the visitor. This script is also designed to permit you
to run your own counter service via multiple accounts. We use
this feature to track different sections of our sites with unique
1. Install the pphlogger.js in it's own
unique directory to track different parts of your site via seperate
accounts. The code:
<noscript><img alt="" src="http://www.site.com/my_counter/pphlogger.php?id=my-site&st=img"></noscript>
Most of your Search Engine traffic will come from Google.
To see exactly which terms your visitors used to reach your site
Launch your Admin. Your /admin/ directory should be password
- Click User Accounts and then click the username id to open the
statistics for this domain in a new window
- At the bottom of the logs page is a search form. Enter "google.com"
in the Referrer field and press enter to see the terms, page views,
and other data from this Search Engine.
- You can check your Search Engine position for a given term by
right clicking the term which is inside the parens. For example:
- The column on the far right hand side which is labeled "mp"
means page views from this visitor. Mouse over the black rectange
to see how many pages they viewed.
3. Inside your pphlogger directory is a file named engines-list.ini.
You can edit this file to improve performance or even add your
own engines for the script to track.
4. If you find this script valuable, please make a PalPal
donation which helps insure furutre versions.
article is ©2003 by Free-Webmaster-Tools.com/Published
Perfection. All rights reserved. Reproduction in any form is prohibited.
to Webmaster Tips and Articles Index